Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
CERTIFIED NURSE MIDWIFE
LAWRENCE AND MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
AND OUTPATIENT OFFICE LOCATED AT HOWARD STREET, NEW LONDON
SCHEDULE INCLUDES 3 DAYS(OUTPATIENT) AND
1 TWENTY-FOUR HOUR CALL SHIFT (INPATIENT)
Evaluates, treats, and make disposition of patient who present to the OB/GYN clinic. Evaluates patients and conducts normal labors in L & D under supervision of attending physician and/or senior resident. First and second assists in OR.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values—integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion—must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day. EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran
1. Evaluates, treats, and makes disposition of patients who present to OB/GYN clinic.
1.1 Takes appropriate history and performs physical exam relative to patient compliants and assesses patient record if available as per periodic chart review.
2. Prepares appropriate patient records as mandated by JCAHO.
2.1 Prepares medical record prior to patient discharge which contains appropriate history and physical functions relative to complaint as determined by periodic chart review.
3. Participates in active continuous medical education.
3.1 Acquires at least 50 hours of CME per year.
4. Participates in hospital medical education program.
4.1 Effectively teaches by discussion and example medical students, physician assistants, and physicians assigned to OB/GYN department for educational purposes.
5. Evaluates patients and conducts normal labors in Labor and Delivery under supervision of attending physician and/or senior resident physician.
5.1 Takes appropriate history and performs physical exam relevant to patient complaint in L & D as per chart review and direct observation by supervisor.
6. Writes admission, intrapartum and discharge orders (including IV, meds., labs, and nursing orders) on all assigned patients.
6.1 Writes appropriate orders in a timely fashion as determined by nursing feedback and random review of charts.
7. First and second assists surgeons in the operating room as required.
7.1 Demonstrates acceptable surgical technique as determined by feedback from attending physician and/or senior resident.
8. Conducts service rounds and writes daily notes and orders in assigned patient charts.
8.1 Conducts service rounds and writes notes in patient charts daily as determined by periodic chart review.
9. Communicates with attending and senior resident regarding patient progress and/or any potential problems.
9.1 Communicates with attending physician and/or senior resident as often as necessary regarding patient progress and/or problems.
10. Finishes all scheduled work during the day.
10.1 Finishes all scheduled work during the day without exception as determined by observation from attending physician and/or senior resident.
11. Manages floor problems, emergency cases, ER admission, etc. when taking in-house call at night.
11.1 Manages on-call problems without exception as determined by feedback from physician and nursing staff.
Certified as a Nurse Midwife by the American College of Nurse Midwives
Good verbal and written skills necessary for communication with patient and physician.
Certified as a Nurse Midwife by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
MMR is required. Varivax (chicken pox vaccine) or evidence of prior chicken pox is required. Hepatitis B (or signed declination) is required for those with potential exposure to blood/body fluids. Tdap and influenza vaccination are strongly encouraged. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are frequently required to reach with hands and arms. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.