Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
St. Luke’s Women’s Center is actively seeking to hire a Lead Certified Nurse-Midwife for our growing collaborative practice.
St. Luke’s (part of the Sutter Health-CPMC hospital system) is a unique midwifery practice in the Mission District of San Francisco, California. At full staffing we are 10-13 CNM’s and 4 OB-GYNs who provide full scope obstetric, GYN, postpartum, and well-woman care across the lifespan. We also work with OB hospitalists on L&D. We serve a diverse patient population, including about 40% native Spanish speakers and their families.
In August 2018 we will transition to a new hospital right next door and anticipate a significant uptick in our patient volume.
The Lead CNM will provide full scope clinical care as well as carry out the following administrative responsibilities in conjunction with Sutter/CPMC administration and the SLWC lead MD team:
• Actively participates in program development and initiates improvements for assigned programs
• Assists administration, medical director and department manager in actively marketing specialty care services to potential referral sources and third party payers to include hospital tours and Meet and Greet events
• Identifies the need for new policies and procedures and communicates such to department manager. Participates in the development of policies and procedures as appropriate.
• Participates in data collection for approved research projects by collecting and analyzing data, revising protocols and procedures, revising educational materials, etc.
• Participates in setting annual objectives for the program; plans and leads team meetings; and participates in staff meetings and task forces.
• Evaluates educational materials to ensure adequacy, develops new materials when necessary, in collaboration with pertinent team members
• Work in concert with nursing staff to improve bedside patient care of laboring women
• Hire, and take steps to retain, qualified and experienced CNMs
• Maintain a reliable clinic/call schedule for the CNMs
• Maintain an effective Doula program
•Experience with quality management programs and current knowledge of best practices in quality management
•Ability to lead and motivate individuals, delegate work, set priorities, anticipate and resolve operations issues
• Adept at establishing and maintaining effective interpersonal relationships with a wide range of health care professionals and institutions.
• Demonstrated excellence in leadership and collaborative skills.
• Exceptional judgment, tact and discretion.
• Excellent conflict resolution skills.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 5 years of experience providing full scope midwifery and women’s health care and 2 years of administrative and/or leadership experience in the patient care environment. Must maintain valid California RN and CNM licenses as well as DEA#.
Master's Degree in Nursing/Midwifery
California Nurse-Midwife Licensed required
California RN Licensed required
Experience with high risk OB required
Minimum of 5 years experience in full service midwifery practice required