Location: East Mountain Specialty Clinic – Wilkes-Barre
Work Schedule: Rotation
Work Type: Full Time
Geisinger Health System is seeking a full-time Certified Nurse Midwife to provide antepartum, postpartum and gynecological care. A major role will be performing clinical responsibilities, patient teaching and counseling, and management in the areas of pre-conceptual care, pregnancy and well-woman gynecology. CNMs will perform care services under the responsibility and collaboration of the physician.
The CNM will provide antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and gynecological care in accordance with Geisinger policies and procedures, based on best practices/guidelines of the American College of Nurse-Midwives and the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Provides outpatient ambulatory care, as well as inpatient care. This position reports clinically to the Department Chairman, administratively to the Women’s Health Service Line Vice President or designee.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
*1. Performs clinical responsibilities outlined in the clinical privileges checklist, including but not limited to:
- Prenatal care New obstetrical intakes and physical examinations Return prenatal visits Non-stress testing - Intrapartum care Triage Labor management Delivery Repair of lacerations or episiotomies Immediate care of the newborn First Assist for C-sections - Postpartum care - Gynecological care Annual examinations Testing for STI and vaginal infections Treating menses disorders Family planning counseling, prescription, insertion of IUDs/IUS/Nexplanon (if desired) Minor gyn and primary care problems
*2. Meets legal requirements of practice:
- Maintenance of licensure as RN for the State of PA Board of Nursing - Maintenance of licensure as CNM for the State of PA Board of Medicine - Prescriptive authority to include DEA registration - Maintenance of CME, as defined by the American College of Nurse-Midwives
*3. Acts as a consultant and educator for nursing students, nursing staff, medical students, and residents.
- Supports the Family Practice Residency Program - Participates in precepting Advanced Practice Nursing students (for CNMs >1 yr. active practice)
*4. Provides care that is non-judgmental and remains sensitive to client needs.
*5. Collaborates with other health care providers to achieve optimal health care outcomes.
*6. Maintains knowledge base with regulatory requirements.
*7. Performs other duties as required or assigned by the Chairman
- Maintaining best practice policies - Use of the EMR - Attendance at staff and divisional meetings - Remains current in national and state regulations affecting Midwifery practice
* Denotes essential job duties
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Must obtain and maintain BLS
Demonstrates computer literacy, accurate and timely charting via Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
Travel as indicated
Participation in the holiday/weekend/call schedule as indicated
The successful Nurse Midwife candidate works in collaboration with the physician, has a certificate of completion from an approved program for Nurse Midwives and must be eligible for or certified by the Pennsylvania State Board of Medicine. Current Pennsylvania Nurse-Midwifery license, as well as a current Pennsylvania RN license, required.
New graduates are encouraged to apply who have current RN experience in L&D
Geisinger offers Advanced Practitioners :
* Domestic Partner Benefits
* Paid malpractice insurance
* Market competitive wages - constantly monitored
* Generous Paid Time Off policy
* Funding for CME and paid CME days
* Relocation for qualified candidates
* Health Care Benefits Starting Day 1: including vision and dental
Geisinger Health System is an integrated health services organization widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models such as ProvenHealth Navigator® and ProvenCare®. As one of the nation’s largest health service organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania, and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient. The physician-led system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 12 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 510,000-member health plan, all of which leverage an estimated $8.9 billion positive impact on the Pennsylvania economy. Geisinger has repeatedly garnered national accolades for integration, quality and service. In addition to fulfilling its patient care mission, Geisinger has a long-standing commitment to medical education, research and community service. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or follow the latest Geisinger news and more on Twitter and Facebook.
** We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
For more information, please contact Belinda Currey, Talent Management, Geisinger Health System at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 570-214-9301.
Geisinger Health System serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of AtlantiCare, a National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family. Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality ...care. A mature electronic health record connects a comprehensive network of 12 hospital campuses, 43 community practice sites and nearly 1,600 Geisinger primary and specialty care physicians.