Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Premier Health is seeking a full-time, full-scope Certified Nurse Midwife (CNM) to join our growing team of providers.
Based in Dayton, Ohio, Premier Health (www.premierhealth.com) provides services to patients throughout a nine-county region, and its mission is to build healthier communities. The health system operates four hospitals, Miami Valley Hospital with an additional site at Miami Valley Hospital South, Good Samaritan Hospital, Atrium Medical Center and Upper Valley Medical Center. In addition, the health system offers a large primary and specialty care network, along with home health services. With over 14,000 employees and 2,300 physicians, the health system is the second largest employer in the region and is the largest healthcare system in Southwest Ohio.
The ideal candidate will be a health care professional educated in the two disciplines of nursing and midwifery, who possesses evidence of certification according to the requirements of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). The CNM additionally is licensed by the Ohio Board of Nursing to practice midwifery in collaboration with physicians. Midwifery practice is the independent management of women’s health care, focusing on pregnancy, childbirth, the postpartum period, and the family planning and gynecological needs of women. The CNM practices within a health care system that provides for consultation, collaborative management or referral as indicated by health status. CNM’s practice in accordance with Standards for the Practice of Nurse-Midwifery, as defined by the ACNM.
License/Certifications: Must possess Ohio license and Ohio Certificate of Authority for Midwifery. Certified by the ACNM. Requires Ohio Standard of Care arrangement with a collaborating physician. CPR, NRP and Advanced Fetal Monitoring Course all required and must be kept current
Experience: Five years clinical experience with three years in the area of specialty preferred
Internal Number: 044309
About Premier Health
Atrium Medical Center is a 328-bed hospital in Warren County serving residents of southwest Ohio. As a full-service hospital, Atrium offers advanced technology and expert medical care in a setting designed with patient and family comfort and convenience in mind. This is evident in amenities, such as all-private patient rooms, room service, 24-hour visiting for families and more.
AtriumMedical Center ’s services include:
• 24/7 heart services, including open-heart surgery, stent placement, and electrophysiology studies.
• Advanced cancer care center with medical and radiation oncology services, including IMRT, IGRT, MammoSite and high-dose rate brachytherapy.
• Verified Level III trauma center with dedicated trauma and cardiac rooms, as well as on-unit imaging
• Women’s center with digital mammography, breast MRI and Dexa scan for osteoporosis
• Primary Stroke Center certification from The Joint Commission
• Chest Pain Center accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers — the only one in Butler and Warren counties
• Home-like FamilyBirthCenter with a Level II Perinatal Nursery, multiple birthing options and amenities for families
• Inpatient and out...patient surgical services, including minimally invasive options such as robotic-assisted surgery
Atrium’s mission: We will build healthier communities with others who share our commitment to provide high-quality, cost-competitive health care services.
Atrium Medical Center is at the heart of Premier Health Campus – Middletown, the only campus of its kind in the region. The campus features unique partnerships bringing the following facilities to the area:
• Dayton Children’s Specialty Care Center – Warren County
• Southwest Ohio Surgery Center
• Atrium Family YMCA
• Avalon by Otterbein
• Greentree Health Science Academy
Just the Facts
Licensed Beds 328
Physician Specialties 55
Admissions and Observations 12,921
Outpatient Visits 183,603
ER Visits 57,578