Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Hibiscus Women’s Center has been a trusted name in providing top quality healthcare services to Brevard County for over 30 years. Patients come to Hibiscus Women’s Center because they will be treated with great care and compassion by our concerned, highly qualified medical team.
Hibiscus Women’s Center is currently looking for an experienced and caring midwife to join our healthcare team. The midwife will be responsible for the physical, mental, and emotional care of their patients during delivery. The midwife will be an integral part of the outpatient and inpatient team, caring for women throughout their life cycle, including adolescent care, routine gyn care, perimenopausal and menopausal care.
Responsibilities and Duties:
In collaboration with the physician, the essential job functions include the following:
· Antepartum care with physician supervision
· Intrapartum care and Birth Center triage;
· Postpartum care (inpatient and outpatient);
· Well-woman gynecology and family planning;
· Documentation of care via Athena Health EMR system
· Evaluates the health condition of obstetrical patients in providing safe, comprehensive clinical care
· Applies evidence based medicine pertinent to obstetrical and gynecological medicine to improve outcomes
· Continuously evaluates the relationships among access, cost, quality, safety and their influence on healthcare outcomes
· Provides leadership in the translation of new knowledge and evidence based care into practice
· Demonstrates an understanding of internal and external APRN practice rules, regulations and legislation to maintain compliance and certification
· Serves as an advocate for the needs of the women and their families across the health care continuum ensuring the best patient/family experience and advancing women’s health throughout the community we serve
· Integrates ethical principles into decision making
Job Type: Full-time
Internal Number: 741852
About Hibiscus Women's Center
Full scope midwife practice under the supervision of two OB/GYN doctors.