Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
The medical imaging department at Banner Baywood is a fantastic team that really wants to provide a great experience for their patients. As a Radiology Technologist in this department, you will be performing x-rays and educating patients in a busy hospital environment. ARRT/MRTBE/BLS is required, hospital experience is preferred.
This is a full time (32 hours/week), evening shift position:
Thursday 7AM-7:30PM, Saturday and Sunday 9:30AM-10PM
Holidays and Call required.
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs radiographic procedures and analysis according to departmental guidelines. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed as well as risk factors and prevention. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department by performing other duties as assigned. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited school of Radiology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 1 year of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.