Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Certified Nurse Midwife
Internal Number: 3
Beginnings Birth Center in Colorado Springs is Southern Colorado's first freestanding birth center. We are state licensed and nationally accredited by CABC.
This privately-owned freestanding birth center has three birthing rooms and is located in North Colorado Springs. We opened in late 2018 and have welcomed over 500 babies since then.
Beginnings Birth Center is seeking a compassionate, self-motivated full-time CNM to join its professional team. This growing practice includes full scope midwifery care providing women's health, antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum and newborn care. You will be a member of a team of 4-5 CNMs. All births are attended at the birth center.
Full-time at the birth center is 2.5 (rarely 3) days of office visits,1-2 weekdays of call and every 3rd to 4th weekend of call. Typical call day office visits will include only short notice and fresh postpartum follow-up office visits as needed. Increased call and/or office will be expected during time off for colleagues.
We are in search of a warm and nurturing certified nurse midwife with a strong sense of teamwork, incredibly high standards in their work and life (in all senses of the word), strong work ethic, verbal and written communication skills, and a passion for attention to detail. We expect candidates who are excited about the birth center model of midwifery care.
Salary based on experience, 401K offered
We are open to recent new graduate CNMs with a strong birth work employment history.
Accepting applications until September 18, 2021 Expected start date October or November 2021
Our ideal candidate must:
- Celebrate birth centers and the birth center model of care
- Have an understanding and respect for physiological birth
- Have a strong belief in a low-tech, high-touch and low-intervention midwifery model of care
- Value the results of new research and welcome the process of creatively incorporating it into care
- Desire to be a part of a very hard-working and innovative team
- Be passionate about VBAC (we are the only birth center in the State of Colorado offering both primary and secondary VBAC in a birth center setting)
Both hospital and community birth experience is much preferred but not required
Experience/knowledge in holistic health
National certification as a certified nurse midwife with AMCB and current unencumbered license as an APN-CNM and RN in the State of Colorado