Faculty, Certified Nurse Midwife (Full time, 1.0 FTE)
The Midwives at Magee are looking to add an 11th full-scope certified nurse midwife to join our established midwifery-led practice at UPMC-Magee Womens Hospital in Pittsburgh.
The Midwives at Magee opened in 1997 and we have been providing sensitive, person- and family-centered care to a diverse patient population since that time. Attending on average 65-70 births per month, we enjoy excellent collaborative relationships with both our referral OB/GYNs and maternal-fetal medicine specialists, who are available 24/7 on the busy labor and birth unit.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong commitment to supporting midwifery based approaches to gynecologic care, prenatal care, childbirth, and postpartum care. Excellent communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to participate in our cohesive, team-based approach. We value a dedication to promoting health equity across race, ethnicity, class, gender, and sexuality. Both experienced CNMs and new graduates welcome, as our practice prides itself on a supportive orientation process. UPMC is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQIA applicants.
· Provides prenatal, birth, and postpartum care in a rotating schedule that includes shared nights and weekends
· Provides well-person and problem gynecology services, including annuals, cancer screenings and STI testing
· Provides full spectrum contraception including all LARC options
· Provides clinical mentoring to medical and midwifery students
· Will be available for participation in clinical meetings, patient orientation sessions and administrative needs of the midwifery service
· Mix of office days and on-call for labor & delivery
· 8 and 12 hour shifts
· Days, nights and weekends (rotating)
· Graduate of education program accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education (ACME)
· AMCB Certification
· Current Pennsylvania RN and CNM licensure
Competitive salary and benefits, including CME budget. As a practice, we promote a sustainable work-life balance in an area with an excellent quality of life. Pittsburgh has been ranked one of the most livable cities in the US, boasting a warm, friendly culture with considerable history. Many beautiful parks and outdoor spaces, excellent schooling options, lively neighborhoods, a great art, food, and music scene, all make Pittsburgh a fantastic place to live.