We are looking for an experienced and caring midwife to join our healthcare team. The midwife will be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional care of their patients during delivery. You will provide prenatal and postnatal care and education and ensure the health and well-being of mom and newborn during delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide collaborative care and consultation as part of a Patient Care Team.
- Manage the health care of women during pregnancy, childbirth and the postpartum period.
- Use nationally accepted guidelines and standards as appropriate in the delivery of women's health care.
- Provide education and counseling in areas of health promotion, disease prevention, medication and treatment options for OB/GYN patients.
- Participate in advancement of knowledge through continuing education.
- Monitor patients postpartum and be available for questions or concerns.
- Maintain current, valid and unrestricted licensure to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Maintain certification by the American College of Nurse-Midwives.
- Participate in research studies available in office.
- Provide contraceptive, pre-conception, infertility and menopausal counseling and intervention for patients along the age continuum.
- Assess abnormal gynecologic conditions and develop appropriate treatment plans.
- Order, perform and interpret screening and diagnostic procedures and tests.
- Prescribe and dispense medications and therapeutic agents in accordance with prescriptive authority.
Private Practice Location (office hours)