POSITION SUMMARY: The Lactation Consultant (LC) is responsible for the overall coordination, planning and management of patient, family and staff education related to breastfeeding for South Texas Health Systems. The LC will provide care required by the breastfeeding population and is available on a consultation basis as requested by obstetricians and pediatricians on weekends, holidays, evenings, and nights. The LC provides opportunities for the formal and informal growth and development of the nursing staff concerning aspects of lactation and will represent South Texas Health Systems in the community as a breastfeeding liaison and resource contact. The Lactation Consultant will provide professional leadership for interaction with hospital staff and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns, and conflicts with identification and assistance in resolutions.
1. Prefer one year full time or three years part time experience as an IBCLC
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills to include fluency in English and Spanish.
3. Good organizational skills with computer proficiency to include Windows based programs and current EMR.
4. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. High school diploma, GED, or Higher Education required.
2. Current certification as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
3. Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program (for any and all certifications applicable through the AHA program) – please check all that apply:
X BCLS/CPR Must be current upon hire and thereafter
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.